DYAN AC is an economical leveler formulated especially for dyeing nylon with mono- and disulfonic acid dyes. DYAN AC provides a controlled tone on tone strike rate and excellent migration that produces level dyeing and superior barre’ coverage. It has a low salt content and contains no methylene chloride.
It is recommended that 1 part of DYAN AC be premixed with 2–3 parts cold or warm water. For optimum leveling and barre’ coverage, suggested usage of DYAN AC is 1-2% owg. Excessive retardation may occur with overuse of DYAN AC.
1. Pre-scour goods as usual.
2. Set bath cold (80ºF/27ºC) with 1-2% owg DYAN AC.
3. Add properly boiled acid dyes.
4. Heat to boil at 3-4ºF/1.5-2ºC per minute. Hold for 30-60 minutes.
5. Turn off steam and check shade.
6. Dye adds, if necessary, can be made at 180ºF/80ºC.
7. When on shade, drop bath. Rinse thoroughly with cold water for about 20 minutes.
The QUALITY of DYAN AC is monitored by DyeTech, Inc.’s quality system, which has been certified to meet the ISO9001 internationally recognized standard.
For further information on DYAN AC or our other products, contact your DyeTech, Inc. salesperson.